Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Moist chocolate chip & nut banana bread.
Prep Time15 mins
Baking Time55 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I use einkorn)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (I like walnuts personally, but had almonds on hand this time)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 9x5 bread pan w/butter. Set aside.
In medium bowl pour in melted cocunt oil, add eggs and beat w/fork, add sugar and bananas and mix until combined.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
Add wet ingredients into dry and mix with spatula scraper until combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
Scrape batter into bread pan, shake gently to even and bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center is clean.
Allow to cool at least 10 minutes in pan. Better to let cool completely, or even overnight before slicing. Store in airtight container for freshness.