This Instant Pot Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies recipe is Mmm Mmm good! And easy since all three are made in your Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for details.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
You will love how this meal comes together in about 40 minutes and cooking it all in your Instant Pot! To make things easier and less messy, I mix all the ingredients for the meatloaf in my KitchenAid on low until mixed well. Then I simply press the meatloaf into the smaller top pan of my Stack N’ Cook stackable insert pan. I then quarter the potatoes, put them in the larger bottom insert pan and pour in the chicken broth. Stack them together on top of the handle, add the lid, close and place into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Once your meatloaf and potatoes are done, simply remove the inserts by the handle and add mixed veggies to the inner pot, and set on Steam for 1 minute while you put finishing touches on dinner.
You can easily do this recipe without the stackable insert. First, put the potatoes in the bottom of the inner pot and pour broth over. Then place the trivet that came with your pot over the potatoes and level to put your meatloaf on. Create a simple pan by folding aluminum foil into the shape of a loaf pan to use for your meatloaf and put on top of the rack. Cook your veggies in a pot on the stove.
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- Stack N Cook or Aluminum Foil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs or 4 whites
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley or 2 tbsp fresh
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 lbs potatoes, quartered (peeled if russett or if desired) Red or yellow are my favorites, I leave the skins on those.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12-16 oz mixed veggies or your choice
- 2-4 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour one cup of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place potatoes in larger pan of the Stack N Cook and pour chicken broth over.
- Mix together all ingredients for meatloaf except BBQ sauce in a stand mixer or by hand. Mix on low until well combined. Press into smaller top pan of Stack N Cook. Pour BBQ sauce on top and smooth evenly over the meat. Assemble the Stack N Cook and place inside Instant Pot. Set Pressure Cook for 25 minutes.
- When done, Quick Release. Pull out Stack N Cook. Add veggies to Instant Pot and set to Steam for 1 minute. Meanwhile, put meatloaf in broiler for a few minutes to brown.
- Add half and half, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper to mashed potatoes and mash with potato or bean masher.
- Pull out meatloaf from oven and cut like a pie into 6 or 8 slices. Quick Release veggies and add butter, salt & pepper to taste. Serve with mashed potatoes and extra BBQ sauce for meatloaf. Enjoy!
Stay up to date with Dinner of Herbs by signing up for our newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter
And Follow Dinner of Herbs on Facebook!