Have you ever forgot to look at your recipe for dinner in the morning and realized it was a Crockpot recipe and now it’s only 2 hours before dinner? I have been doing this a lot lately and probably should have learned my lesson by now. Ha! This Instant Pot recipe was adapted from a Crockpot recipe from the Frugal Real Food Meal Plan I’m currently using. I converted it to use in the Instant Pot, substituting what I already had on hand and adding extra veggies I needed to use up to make it work. It turned out great!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! Please see disclosure for details.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2-4 heads broccoli, cut into florets (2 large or 4 small heads)
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice Plus 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Prepare rice on stove. Add 1 cup rice, 2 cups water to medium suacepan, sprinkle in salt. Bring to boil covered, turn down heat, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Rest 10 minutes with lid. Fluff w/fork. Prepare meat in pressure cooker while rice is cooking.
- Place sliced meat, water, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil and molasses in pressure cooker. Set for 12 minutes High Pressure. Natural Release 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/2 cup water, add to pot. Add in veggies, stir to combine and set to High Pressure 3 minutes. Natural Release 5 minutses. Use Sauté feature for a few minutes to thicken sauce to your preferred thickness. Serve over rice.
Stay up to date with Dinner of Herbs by signing up for our newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter