If you need a quick & easy dinner look no further. This time I needed an extra easy meal so I bought buns & a bottle of BBQ sauce instead of making my own. (Gasp! I know!). AND this was cooked from a mostly FROZEN hunk as I had forgotten to take the meat out yet again. No bother with the Instant Pot! 😉 Once done, I broiled a few minutes in the oven with the BBQ sauce just to add a little more flavor and crisp to it. Completely optional of course!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
You will need:
18 oz water
3 lb pork shoulder (frozen ok!)
1 Tbl bacon grease
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce
1) Coat meat all over with BBQ seasoning rub.
2) Heat Instant Pot until Hot message appears. Add grease & heat a moment.
3) Add meat & brown all sides (best you can if it is still mostly frozen like mine was).
4) Remove meat to platter.
5) Add water and trivet to pot. Place meat on trivet.
6) Place lid on pot and move to Sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook 90 minutes.
7) Once done, Natural Release 10-15 minutes, then Quick Release. Remove meat to dish & shred with 2 forks. Mix in BBQ sauce to desired consistency and either put back in IP to heat through or transfer to a baking dish & broil for a few minutes in the oven, if desired.
Get your ingredients out & heat IP to Hot
Brown all sides after you put on rub
Broil a few minutes in the oven, if desired
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter