When you need an easy breakfast and you run out of milk. Whaaat? Yep, that’s what happened here. BUT, I did have a can of pineapple in the pantry and I remembered a recent recipe for dinner rolls I had tried recently that used it and BAM! This recipe was born. And it was light, moist, and good.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Einkorn Pineapple Breakfast Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used Einkorn)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar (or sweetner to taste of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving juice for recipe
- Allow eggs and butter to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. To quicken process, put eggs in lukewarm water and place a glass over unwrapped butter on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 375º, grease 13×9 with butter or coconut oil or spray.
- Beat butter in stand mixer, add sugar, then add eggs and vanilla, beating after adding each ingredient on low.
- With the mixer off, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Turn mixer on low and beat while pouring in reserved pineapple juice. Add pineapple tidbits and mix until well combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter