Banana Bread is a simple and yet satisfying breakfast bread to make. My old recipe just had nuts but my husband likes his with chocolate chips and nuts. Sometimes I forget to add them so I had to actually write it in my recipe to remember! Now it’s becoming the new normal for banana bread in our home.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I use einkorn)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (I like walnuts personally, but had almonds on hand this time)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 9×5 bread pan w/butter. Set aside.
- In medium bowl pour in melted cocunt oil, add eggs and beat w/fork, add sugar and bananas and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix with spatula scraper until combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into bread pan, shake gently to even and bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center is clean.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes in pan. Better to let cool completely, or even overnight before slicing. Store in airtight container for freshness.
I like to bake the bread in a Glasslock bread pan that way I can just put the lid on after cooling for airtight storage. These containers are great for basic food storage, and are oven, dishwasher, and freezer safe. I use them for leftovers daily and throw into the freezer for a quick freezer meal later.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter