I absolutely love Wallaby Greek Vanilla Bean Yogurt! It is the best tasting yogurt ever. But it is super expensive at $7.49 quart! No other store bought brands are as good. So I recently started making my own yogurt at home and came up with a similar enough yogurt that I no longer have the urge to buy it!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Instant Pot Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- Instant Pot with Yogurt Feature
- Oversize mixing bowl
- Mesh strainer
- Silcone scraper
- Small bowl to use to level strainer in straining process. You may not need this.
- 1 gallon milk I use raw, but you can use any
- 1/2 cup plain storebought yogurt to use as starter Any type of plain yogurt with live cultures
- 1/2 cup raw honey, or to taste
- 1 tbl vanilla extract, or to taste
- Pour milk into inner pot of Instant Pot. Put on lid or plate.
- Press Yogurt function until it reads "boil". It will heat milk to 180º. It will read "yogt" when done.
- Remove inner pot to a rack and allow milk to cool to 104º. This may take 1-2 hours. Add yogurt for starter and mix.
- Put on lid (or plate) and press Yogurt button to set for 8 hrs (Reads 08:00 on pot) to culture.
- Refridgerate 8 hours or overnight to cool & set.
- Strain 8 hours to make Greek yogurt. I use an oversize mixing bowl, mesh strainer, a glass bowl inside to hold & level the mesh strainer and a cheesecloth.
- Once strained add sweetener of choice and vanilla extract to taste. I needed to reserve some plain yogurt for other recipes so I used about 1/4 cup raw honey & 1/2 tablespoon per quart of yogurt I wanted flavored.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter