You probably know by now I love Italian food! This Chicken Cacciatore is becoming a new favorite for me. I came across it in an Instant Pot cookbook and tried it for the first time a few months back. This is my simple non-wine version. Traditionally I read it is served with polenta and greens as shown, but it is also very tasty with bread, pasta or rice to sop up your sauce.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
3 pounds boneless chicken thighs
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbl olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 large yellow onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced (I like this press)
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbl Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
- On Instant Pot press Sauté button and heat. Once HOT add oil, then onions & bell peppers.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic and continue to sauté a couple minutes. Hit Cancel.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well. Add chicken last and push down in liquid.
- Put the lid on and set to Sealing. Select Poultry or Pressure Cook 12 minutes.
- Once complete, let Natural Release for 10 minutes, then Quick Release.
- Remove chicken, bell peppers & onion with skimmer ladle, set aside. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Select Sauté (More) and reduce liquid to desired thickness of sauce, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, bell peppers & onion back in and heat through. Enjoy!
Notice the Instant Pot is still at a low $79! Amazon still has it on sale! You can do so many awesome things with the Instant Pot. This is the exact one I own and I’ve made so many wonderful meals with it. I’ve loved cooking a whole chicken in 30 minutes, Korean Beef & Rice in the same pot, Bourbon Chicken and making yogurt. And it’s AWESOME to be able to brown meat or sauté onions and peppers all in the same pot as the rest of your meal! Once your food is done cooking there is a stay warm function that automatically kicks on for you to keep dinner warm until you are ready to eat. No more babysitting your food while it’s cooking. Your food cooks faster. You can replace your slow cooker, rice cooker and yogurt maker if you have those. This pot has seriously revolutionized my days in the kitchen. If you have been waiting to get an Instant Pot, this is definitely the best time to get one! And stay tuned for a post next week on cooking a 3 lb pork shoulder from FROZEN in 90 minutes for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter