One of the many reasons I love my Instant Pot is you can cook a whole 5 lb chicken in 30 minutes. The other day I was getting ready to make Chicken Tortilla Soup & then BBQ Chicken Pizza later in the week so I needed the shredded chicken and the chicken broth for these recipes. You can also season the chicken with your favorite poultry seasonings (or those in this recipe) and have a Rotisserie style chicken for dinner with your choice of sides.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for details.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
You will need:
1 Whole Chicken
1 Tbl Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbl Garlic Powder
1 Tbl Onion Powder
1/2 Tbl Paprika
1/2 Tbl Chili Powder
1 tsp Dried Thyme
Dash of Cayenne
1) Place trivet in Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup of water.
2) Remove innards from chicken. Cut onion in half & put inside chicken cavity.
3) Place chicken on top of trivet in Instant Pot.
4) Mix together spices in small bowl and sprinkle over chicken evenly.
5) Place lid on pot and seal. High pressure 6 minutes per pound of chicken. (ie: 5 lb/30 min)
6) Once cooking is complete, allow natural release for 10-20 minutes.
Total time to cook your chicken will be about an hour with time for cooker to come to pressure, actual cooking time and time for pressure to release.
Have you jumped onto the Instant Pot Wagon yet? Don’t be nervous! You will LOVE it once you do!
How has having an Instant Pot simplified your meal preparations?
Sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter
*This post contains Amazon Affiliates links. If you make a purchase through my links I make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!