A friend recently shared this recipe with me and it is one of the best dinner roll recipes I have ever tried. She made these rolls fresh one day when I visited and I just had to have the recipe! These rolls turn out so good, every time. So I thought it would make a fantastic loaf of bread too! If you want dinner rolls, just follow the recipe online as written by Inquiring Chef.
Buttery Sandwich Bread
Adapted from Inquiring Chef
Makes 1 loaf of sandwich bread
1 1/2 cups warm water 100-110°
1 Tbl yeast
2 Tbl sugar
2 Tbl butter, softened
1 tsp sea salt
4 cups (500g) all-purpose flour (I used Einkorn)
3 Tbl unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp sea salt
1) In KitchenAid Mixer w/dough hook, stir warm water, yeast and sugar. Let sit 5 minutes.
2) Add butter, salt & 2 cups of the flour, mixing on low. Mix until incorporated. Mix in remaining flour on medium until smooth & bowl is clean, about 5 minutes. Cover with kitchen towel and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled.
3) Grease loaf pan & turn the very sticky dough into the loaf pan using a wooden spatula. Then shake the pan to center and spread the dough with wet fingers and very gently smooth the dough on the top of the loaf to make even.
4) Preheat oven to 375° & let rise another 30 minutes. Brush w/butter and sprinkle w/salt.
5) Bake for 40 minutes. Brush with remaining butter. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then onto cooling rack to finish cooling. Slice & enjoy!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Don’t forget to sign up for Dinner of Herbs newsletter and receive a free printable Weekly Meal Sheet complete with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days of the week and room for your personal notes.
Sign up here: Dinner of Herbs Newsletter